Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


On this page you will find all information how to become an iDEAL


Licencee, Certificate Holder or Accredited Party. 


titleNote on prerequisite Payment Institution licence

Currence would like to draw your attention to the fact that since 1 November 2009 the European legislation regarding the provision of payment services, came into effect. As of this date you need a licence as a Payment Institution. This licence must be listed in the official register of the central financial institute of your country and it must be ‘passported’ to those countries in which you want to market your services. In the Netherlands this is the Dutch Central Bank (De Nederlandsche Bank). If you do not yet have a licence, you must start with your application for this licence as soon as possible as the Online Rules & Regulations (R&R) state that all Payment Institutions must have a licence. Dutch licences please see


NB If you want to become a Digital Identity Service Provider (DISP) for iDIN, you do NOT need to have a licence as a Payment Institution!


  • Click here to apply to become an iDEAL Licencee (Issuer / Acquirer)

  • Click here to apply to become an iDIN / eMandates Licencee (Issuer / Acquirer)Click here to apply to become an iDEAL Certificate Holder or Accredited Party (Collecting Payment Service Provider / C2C Provider)

  • Click here to apply to become an iDIN / eMandates Certificate Holder (Digital Identity Service Provider, Routing Service Provider or Validation Service Provider)Click here to become an eMandate Service ProvideriDEAL Accredited Party (Collecting Payment Service Provider)

  • Click here for the iDEAL fees for Licencees, Certificate Holders and Accredited Parties